HI Zebra Residents
Please feel free to post your favourite recipes each week. Have you tried any of ours? We’d love to hear from you all.
This vegan lentil curry is pretty tasty. It’s cheap, simple, exotic, spicy, tasty, creamy and it has an intense coconut flavour.
- 1 cup lentils (220 grams)
- 1/4 cauliflower
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1 courgette sliced
- 1 cup basmati rice (200 grams -optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (450 grams)
- ⅔ cup coconut milk (150 grams)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Cook lentils according to package directions. We cooked them for 40 minutes over medium high heat. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and the onion (finely chopped) and cook them until golden brown. Add the tomato sauce, coconut milk and spices and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add cooked lentils, stir and cook for at least 15 or 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Cook basmati rice according to package directions. We cooked for 12 minutes over medium high heat. Drain and set aside.
- Serve the lentils over the basmati rice. You can add coriander on top.