Hello to all Zebra tenants and families.
This is a perfect recipe for those winter evenings with a big mug of coffee.
The recipe for Mary Berry Apple strudel is very similar to my mother’s own. The combination of brushed butter filo pastry and the cooking apples creates a delicious traditional strudel. I recommend it warm from the oven with plenty of whipped cream.
Mary Berry - APPLESTRUDEL RECIPE
4 X Sheets of filo pastry (if frozen defrost first)
60g butter melted
30g white breadcrumbs
15g flaked almond
Icing sugar for dusting
750g Cooking apples – quartered, cored, peeled and sliced
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons of light brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground mixed spice
½ teaspoon cinnamon
60g blanched almonds – roughly chopped
How to make
Hi everyone, I hope you’re looking forward to the weekend! I’m not ashamed to say that this recipe is stolen in it’s entirety from a chef called Bart Van Olphen. This really doesn’t take more than fifteen minutes to cook from start to finish, and would be lovely with a big handful of salad on the side, perfect for a quick summer lunch! If you prefer to watch the video you can do so here.
500g linguine pasta
Freshly ground pepper
Two handfuls of almonds
Two tins of anchovy filets in olive oil
One handful of roughly chopped sage
A tablespoon of unsalted butter
1. Cook your pasta in approximately 10 minutes in salted boiling water, add olive oil if you like to stop it sticking together.
2. While the pasta is cooking, drain and chop the anchovies and prepare your salad.
3. Start frying your almonds in olive oil until golden brown, add your butter and roughly chopped sage to the sauce. Infuse on low heat.
4. Add approximately 5 table spoons of your pasta water to the sauce and let it reduce until half the water is left.
5. Now add 2 chopped anchovy fillets to the sauce.
6. Drain your pasta and add to the sauce, shaking and stirring well. By doing this the pasta sauce will spread its flavours on the linguine.
7. Serve the pasta with some sage leaves and anchovy from the tin on top.
8. Your anchovy pasta is ready!
Enjoy your weekend, until the sun returns, we can at least pretend it’s summer! J